Booking Terms and Conditions
All bookings with Myanmar City Star Travel & Tours Co. Ltd are accepted on the following terms and conditions:
- Making bookings: All Clients should read the booking terms and conditions before completing the booking. To secure a booking for tours and travel services with Myanmar City Star Travel & Tours Co. Ltd, Clients must complete and sing the booking form accompanied by a non-refundable deposit (equivalent to 25% of the total cost) if book 35 days before departure and a full amount of total cost if book less than 35 days before the departure. Clients booking tours and services online, via e-mail or facsimile are deemed to have read booking terms and conditions. If there is more than one Client per booking, the Client signing the booking form warrants that she or he has the full authority to do so on behalf of all the Clients whose names appear on the booking form and her or his signature confirms his or her responsibility for all payment due in respect of all persons within the Party. Apart from the director of the Company, no employee has the authority to omit any of these conditions or promise any discount or refund.
- Special Requests: Clients should inform any special request they may have at the time of booking. The company will note and pass Client’s special requests to its suppliers and it may be notified on the confirmation or elsewhere but this does not guarantee to meet such requests. Although the Company and its Suppliers will try to meet any special request Clients make, it does not guarantee to fulfil it. The Company do not accept bookings that are conditional on the fulfilment of any special request.
- Surcharges: The company reserves the rights to increase the tour cost in the account of transportation rates (such as: fuel cost, increases in coach, train and local air fares), overflying charges, airport charges, currency exchange rate, government actions and local taxes. Any surcharges imposed will be informed not less than 28 days before the departure. If the surcharges exceed 10% of the total costs, Clients can cancel the booking within 7 days of notification and obtain a full refund.
- Departure Tax: Departure tax is not always included in the tour price. In some destinations, a non-refundable departure tax must be paid locally to the Government of the country departed.Payment for your holiday and travel services: All the monies due for the tours or travel services booked with the Company must be paid 35 days before the departure. Failure to do so could result in cancellation of tours for the Client and forfeit of the deposit. The Company does not accept responsibility for any monies sent in the post. Payment can be made via pay pal, by major debit and credit cards. The company reserves the right to pass on any charges for the return cheque and credit cards. All bookings made by credit cards are subject to a credit card booking fees equivalent to 3% of the total cost.
- Changes by passengers: The Company and its supplier will make every reasonable effort to accommodate the changes requested by the Clients and that does not guarantee the availability or to meet such requests.
- Departure Date: Change of departure date must be informed by writing in 35 days prior to the departure by the person signed the booking form and accompanied by a US$60.00 administration fee and any other cost the company may incur.
- Substitution of Passengers: If any number of the party is prohibited from travelling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person if the notice is given 35 days prior to the departure. The notification must be made in writing and must be accompanied by a US$60 and any additional cost that the company may incur. Note that airline may impose 100% cancellation fees and purchase of new tickets as most tickets may be non-refundable.
- Other Changes: Except changes of departure dates and substitution of Clients, any other changes (such as hotel, mode of transport) to the original bookings must be confirmed 35 days prior to the departure by the person who signed the booking form and must be accompanied by a US$30.00 administration fees in addition to further costs that the company may incur.
- Changes and Cancellations charges: Note that the more advance the notice is received, the less the company will charge for the change and cancellations.
Days prior to departure Cancellation charge 35 days or more 25% of the total tour cost (Forfeit of deposit) 34-15 days 75% of the total tour cost 14 days 100% of the total tour cost
- Changes by Myanmar City Star Travel & Tours Co. Ltd: The Company and its suppliers aim to provide all the travel services and to operate all tours as advertised. However, there may be circumstances where the service arrangements or tour itineraries need to vary or modify due to prevailing local conditions or any other reasons. The Company reserves the right at any time to cancel or change any of the services, facility, arrangements, tour itineraries and the prices advertised and to substitute alternative arrangement of comparable standard and monetary value without compensating Clients. In such events, the Company accepts no liability to the Clients for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes. If major changes occurred, such as terrorist activity, war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, adverse weather condition, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, congestion at ports (including airports), technical and maintenance problems with transport and any other changes that are beyond the Company’s control, Clients will be informed as soon as reasonably possible. In such case, Clients may accept the changes of arrangement, or purchase another available tour or cancel the tour and obtain a full refund (excluding travel insurance).
- Cancellations by Myanmar City Star Travel & Tours Co. Ltd: The company reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances. Unless the cancellation is due to unforeseen circumstances and any other major changes which are beyond the Company’s control, the Company will notify any cancellation not less than 28 days prior to the departure. Unless the cancellation is due to Client’s failure to pay the final balance, the company will return all the monies paid for the tour excluding payment for travel insurance or offer an alternative tour of comparable standard.
- Travel Documents: Clients must be aware of the requirements of all relevant travel documents such as valid passport, visa, additional travel permits for some destinations, suitable health and travel insurance and make sure they give adequate time to obtain them. Requirements can change and it is Client’s responsibility to comply with current passport, visa, additional travel permits (as required by some destinations) and health requirements (including vaccinations) and to take all necessary documents with them to gain access to any country or region which forms part of the tour. The Clients is solely responsible for any cost, loss or damage which she or he or the company incurs as a result of a failure to obtain all necessary passports, visas and/or vaccinations. Please note that many countries require that passports are valid for six months beyond the period of the Client’s stay and clients should have at least 3 blank pages on their passport prior to their departure. When travelling to restricted area in Myanmar or the Myanmar borders, additional travel permits are required that must be applied at least 15 days (for visa) and 35 days (for additional travel permits) prior to the departure. The Company is able to assist Client with application for visa and the additional travel permits. The Client taking part in a tour organised by the Company must take out suitable travel insurance and supplementary insurance for the types of activities in their tour. A suitable insurance policy should provide adequate cover for medical expenses arising through illness or accident prior to or during the holiday and loss of holiday monies through cancellation and curtailment of the holiday for insurable reasons. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging for their own insurance.
- Age limit: The Company does not accept Clients under the age of 18 unless they are accompanied by a parent or a guardian who accepts full responsibility for them and subject to the ultimate decision of the Company.
- Health and Fitness Requirements: All Clients are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described in the Company’s brochures. Clients must declare the true nature of illness, disability, undergoing treatment for any physical or medical conditions at the time of booking and to make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment required during the tour. If the chosen tour includes a cruise or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort the Client must make it known at the time of booking if she/ he is unable to swim. This will not prevent the Client from participating in the tour but will enable the Company to take additional precautions for the Client’s safety at such times as may be appropriate.
- Client’s participations: By singing the booking form, Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders, and agents whilst on tour with the Company. The Company expects all the Clients to meet all travel documents needs, and health and fitness requirements in order to participate in their chosen tours and to obey the local laws and regulations of the countries visited. It is Client’s responsibility to ensure that she or he and the members of her or his Party do not behave in the way that causes offense and dangers and imposes risk that may damage to property belonging to others. In such
- circumstances, the Company and its suppliers (such as hotel managers, airline pilots) have the rights to terminate the arrangements made on Client’s behalf and the Company’s responsibility to the Clients will cease immediately and it accepts no liability for any reimbursement, refund or compensations of any sort to such clients. Clients will be liable to reimburse the Company for any expenses that incurs as a result of such behaviour. If in the opinion of such person, the health or conduct of a Client before or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or good progress of the tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour, in which case all monies paid will be forfeited and the Company will not be liable to pay any compensation to such Client.
- Complaints: Should Clients have a complaint about any of the travel service or tour arrangements, they must bring it to the attention of the tour leaders or the representative of the company at the time, so that they may use their reasonable endeavours to rectify the situation. If the problems remain unresolved, a written complains can be made to the Company within 28 days of the completion of the tour. Unless the arrangement booked is not of reasonable standard and the reason of the failure is on the part of the Company or its Suppliers, no compensation will be made for the Client’s loss of enjoyment. The Clients are also referred to the Company’s rights to change or cancel part or entire tour arrangement, as set out at Paragraph 7 and 8 (above).
Myanmar City Star Travel & Tour Ltd., is a private limited company incorporated in Myanmar with the company registration No. HKA-0711. Registered address in Myanmar: 26 B Road, B/W 75 x 76 Strs., Nyaung Shwe Shan Saopha Compound, Mandalay, MYANMAR.