Sunshine is a two masted gaff rigged schooner. She measures 31 meters over the deck and has a beam of 5.6 meters.
Sunshine is built according to designs drawn up in 1900, with the hull and rig exactly faithful to that of her famous predecessor.
The original Sunshine was built for Glen F. McAndrew of Largs Castle in Scotland. In 1906 she became the proud possession of the Portuguese Royal family (until 1911) and was then called “Maris Stellis”.
Guests: 8 in 4 cabins
Private Charter rates start from EUR 2,750/ day
Private chartered rates
|Seasons & Destinations||1 – 6 GuestsPrice (Euro) per night||7 GuestsPrice (Euro) per night|
|Winter Season (Oct.-May) in Myanmar & Thailand||€ 2,750.00||€ 2,900.00|
|New Year’s Season (21 Dec.-10 Jan.) in Myanmar & Thailand||€ 3,400.00||€ 3,700.00|
Tailor-made charters in Thailand and Myanmar include full crew service, all on-board meals, fuel for tender, main engine and generator, as well as usage of snorkelling equipment and fishing gear. It does not include port fees and Mergui Archipelago zone fees.
Mergui Archipelago Sailing Video
Yacht Fact SheetMergui Archipelago Cruise_Sunshine Factsheet (1316 downloads)
- Name: Raja Laut
- Type: Gaff-rigged topsail schooner
- Builder: G.E.K Carraz
- Designer: Carraz / Bosgraaf
- Year built: 2005
- Length overall: 31 meters
- Length on deck: 26 meters
- Length waterline: 22 meters
- Beam: 7.2 meters
- Draft: 3.0 meters
- GRT: 115 tons
- Hull construction: Carvel planked on frame, through-bolted to internal stringers
- Rig designer: Bosgraaf, Amsterdam
- Sail Area: 330 square meters
- Interior finish: Varnished timber
- Exterior finish: Cream grey hull, varnished deckhouses
- Fuel: 7000 litres
- Fresh water: 3000 litres
- Engine: Yanmar 6HADTE 300HP Turbo 6 cylinder diesel engine
- Gearbox: Yanmar hydraulic YP15 Ratio 3.3:1
- Gensets (x2): Mitsubishi-Marelli 28kw 3 phase
- VHF West Marine 550
- Handheld VHF x3
- SSB Icom 4
- Depth Sounder Furuno LS4100
- GPS Furuno GP 32
- Navtex NX 300
- Integrated Radar /Plotter/Sounder Simrad CX44E located next to wheel
- Fleet 33 satelite communication
- Audio system with 2 interior and 2 exterior speakers
- 32″ Wall mounted flat screen TV & DVD player
Cabins and quarters
The layout of the interior, which is hand-crafted from teak and rosewood, has been improved to comply with all modern safety standards, such as the four watertight bulkheads. The deck is laid down in long thick lengths of solid teak planks over the steel beams and caulked with cotton in the traditional way. The masts and spars are all of Sitka Spruce and the standing rigging is of galvanised steel.
Sunshine has space for 8 guests. Her two main guest staterooms are located in the wide and quiet midship area in front of the saloon. These cabins feature queen-size beds. The spacious aft cabin features 2 large beds which can both be used as doubles. All cabins have en-suite bathrooms and are fully air-conditioned.