Departure date: 12 January 2020
Price: Please contact us to request the quote. Special group rate available to 2 person group joining one of the existing small groups.
Coverage: Yangon/ Mandalay – Hkamti – Lahe Township & surrounding Naga Villages – Mandalay/ Yangon
Day-1 (12 January 2020): Yangon/ Mandalay to Khamti by flight, Lahae by car ( 4×4 ) Hkamti
Arrive in Khamti airport by morning flight. Welcome to Operator and transferred to cross the Chinwin River, one of the major tributaries of the mighty Ayewarwaddy, to go Sinthe village. Continue drive by 4×4 Off-road vehicles (5 hours), to Lahae ,while on the way falling into a Rrance Charmed by Panorama of Naga Mountain range Pass through Nantheegyi,Nantzalane,Launggauk, Htainnyo, Htwehtaik, and Sanpya villages to reach to Lahe town. On the way, you can take the picture on the view of TainNyoung Peak (Ft 4,997). In the evening, you will reach to Lahe town and check in your accommodation place(_, L, D).
Day-2 (13 January 2020): Lahe Town
This Morning, we drive from Lahe to Makyan (45mins), we have the opportunity to visit local homes. Visit to the Naga headman house and witness the different lifestyle of different minorities of Naga hill tribes. And continue to Santon, we have the opportunity to visit local homes. Santon villages where the Ponnyo, Lai Naung and Makyan Naga visit to the Naga headman house and witness the different lifestyle of different minorities of Naga hill tribes. In the evening, drive back to Lahe and overnight at Lahe guest house. (B, L, D)
Day-3 (14 January 2020): Lahe Town
Soon after breakfast, the traditional Naga Ceremonial Pole will be erected at the festival ground and various Naga clans in their traditional costumes will be there to participate the festival. After lunch break, you explore the surrounding villages and we take a sightseeing to Gahone village meeting with old Naga leaders. See the face and body tattoos of Naga people. We can see authentic cultural of Naga people in these villages. Stay living on their traditional way, it will be highlight of the day. In the evening, walk to Hwehtike and Lonkhin Naga villages for our evening sightseeing. Return back to Lahe town.(B, L, D)
Day-4 (15 January 2020): Lahe Town
Attend the ceremony of Naga Traditional New Year Festival in the morning and the Bonfire festival at night.
The Official Opening Ceremony of Naga New Year begins on the festival grounds early morning. Enjoy the traditional New Year Food and rice wine with the Naga community elders. At the end of the ceremony, dance competitions by the troupes from various Naga villages and sport events will start. Finally, in the evening, by a large bonfire, everyone can participate and enjoy in welcoming the Naga New Year by dancing around the bonfire.(B, L, D)
Day-5 (16 January 2020): Lahe – Hkamti – Mandalay – Yangon
After early breakfast, leaves the Naga Festival grounds, at 5:300AM and begin your journey back to Khamti. Lunch at Khamti local restaurant and transfer departure flight to go back home, either Mandalay or Yangon. We hope you had an enjoyable adventure trip with usand looking forward to being with us at next Naga New Year Festival. (B, L, _)
- Transportation – domestic flights, 4 x 4 vehicles with driver and fuel, shuttle boats as per itinerary
- Full board meals (Breakfast, Buffet Lunch & Dinner)
- Separate bedroom in a traditional Naga house style camp, or local guesthouses
- Communal bathroom and toilet. Hot water is available.
- English Language tour leader and operation staff during the tour
- Mineral water and refresh tower during the tour
- Government tax and service charges
- Permission to travel in Naga Land
- Pre and post tour accommodation and transfers
- Myanmar Visa
- Travel insurance
- Expenditure on personal nature such as laundry, beverages, gratitude to guides & porters
- Optional activities and personal expenses
- Tips for tour leaders, operational staff and drivers at your discretion
- Any service items not mentioned in price inclusion above.
- A non-refundable deposit, 50% of total cost of a booking, is required to secure the booking at the time of the confirmation of the services. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. As this incurs administration costs we will retain the deposit and in addition will apply cancellation charges as shown below:
- Cancellation received 45 days before the travel date: 50% will be charged
- Cancellation received less than 14 days before travel date: 100% will be charged
- 50 % of the payment at the time of booking to secure your place.
- 50% of the payment 35 days prior to your departure.
- If you book less than 4 weeks before the departure, a full payment needs to be made at the time of booking.
- We accept all major debit and credit cards via paypal, paypal payments and bank transfers. Card payments and paypal transfer incur a charge of 2%. In case of payments by bank transfers, clients need to ensure that the net amount is transferred and all transfer charges their bank may apply are debited from their account.
Guaranteed Departure & Cancellation by Tour Operator:
- Tour Operator guarantees all scheduled private tour departures that have been booked by a client shall depart as scheduled (subject to reasonable itinerary changes). A group tour departure shall become guaranteed once the minimum number of clients have confirmed booking. We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel tour, full refund of all monies paid for the cancelled tour.
- Accommodation will be provided with the best possible alternative Camp facilities with common bathrooms & standard toilet.
- Ground Transportation will provide as indicated such as round-trip transportation between airports to Lahae via 4×4 Off road vehicles. Vehicles are maintained in accordance with manufacturers specification’s, kept clean and in good working order, registered and insured adequately. Tour operator suppliers uses alternative vehicles fully equipped for your comfort and convenience. However, due to some instance such as poor road, you may experience discomfort during the journey. If in case of a major damage and we believe it may compromise your safety, we are obliged to make alternative transportation arrangements so you can continue your trip safely.
- Meals arrange will be responsible for your Breakfast, lunch & Dinner in specify local restaurant. If need to provide for lunch box when one of our sightseeing programs.
- English speaking Tour Leader will escort clients during the trip as per the proposed itinerary. She/ he will be responsible for demonstrating any safely equipment and highlighting any safety risk before commencing any activities on tour.
- Travel Insurance covering health care is recommended for adventure tours such as trekking, hiking, and etc., a copy of your international insurance certificate will need to give us within our tour travel period.
Guaranteed Departure & Cancellation by Tour Operator:
- Tour Operator guarantees all scheduled private tour departures that have been booked by a client shall depart as scheduled (subject to reasonable itinerary changes). A group tour departure shall become guaranteed once the minimum number of clients have confirmed the booking. We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel tour, full refund of all monies paid for the cancelled tour.
Conduct while travelling:
- The nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for trip is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
- Naga Region is very limited facilities for disabled or elderly traveler. Tour Operator no responsibility or liability for failing to provide adequate facilities for disable person where we were not informed of their needs in advance of travel. In case of emergency during tour, we will arrange to send regional hospital and medical treatment by Local doctors (own your expense) Tour operator will do the best to try but cannot guarantee to be able to do so.
- Insurance is not included in the price of this itinerary. We recommend all customers have adequate travel insurance cover before travelling. We do not provide an insurance policy.
Images of Naga Land, People and New Year Festival